February 20, 2017 @ 7:00 am
Skills are learned!
- The ability to do a task or activity (drive a car)
- Transferable skills can be taken from one job to another (organized, customer service, most computer skills)
- Identifying transferable skills is critical in a job search – they add dimension to a resume and cover letter, and provide needed details in an interview
- Transferable skills can be deemed from work experiences, as well as volunteer experiences
Why is it important to know/understand transferable skills?
- Strengthen your marketability for a position by clearly communicating your transferable skills
- Employers want to know you have the skills to do their job
- Leverage your application and show you are the most qualified candidate
Thanks for listening to The Successful Encore Career Podcast, presented by Employment For Seniors. If you would like more information about our podcast, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Also available on iTunes.
Ideas for a future interview for a future podcast, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
An affiliate of the Circle270Media Podcast Network